Registration closes: 11.59pm AEDT on Wednesday 20 June 2018. Late entry will be available on the morning of the race, late entry fee applies.
7.30am Registration open
9.30am Compulsory Rider Briefing & Race Start
2.00pm Approx. Race Finish & Presentations
We will be racing all 6 tracks to be completed within 4 hours.
U15 category will be racing just 5 tracks to be completed within 3 hours (U15 will not be completing King Brown track)
U13 category will have special conditions including completing a modified course and will require a chaperone to ride with them or to check-in with marshals TBC. Participants MUST have been to one of the Garapine ride days in 2018 and be confident riding the trails. Further details will be emailed to U13 entrants.
– Garapine is open Saturday for riding see website for details, shuttles are available but must be pre-booked via Garapine website
– Accommodation is available at Garapine, bookings must be made in advance
– Food and drink will be available on Sat and Sun
- All riders must have a current Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) Race Membership or purchase a Race Day Licence.
- Membership must be valid on the date of the event for which you are registering. If your membership expires before the date of the event, you must renew your membership before entering this event.
- MTBA Recreation Members can upgrade to a Race Membership at anytime through the MTBA Online Services System or opt to purchase a discounted Race Day Licence Upgrade.
- Full Face Helmets are compulsory on all special stages.
- Riders under the age of 17 are required to wear a long sleeved shirt, full finger gloves and knee and elbow pads. A neck brace is recommended but not compulsory.
- A helmet must be worn at all times including liaison stages; they must also be secured properly at all times.
- Super Masters (50+)
- Masters (40-49)
- Veteran (30-39)
- Sport 18+
- Under 19
- Under 17 (15-16 years old)
- Under 15 (13-14 years old)
- Under 13 (12-13 years old)
- 18 years of age and over: $78
- Under 18 years of age: $57.50
Prices include 2.5% credit card fee and $1.10 transaction fee.
Your age will be calculated as of 31 December 2018.
Prices are for online registration only. Any late registrations on race weekend are subject to availability and will incur a $25 late fee.
Riders will have a non-competitive liaison stage between each of the timed sections. Results will be based on the total cumulative time across the stages. The lowest time in each category will be the winner.
Riders may use any of the trails or fire roads that are not part of the timed sections to make their way to the start of the next stage. Note that care should be taken on Fire roads as event vehicles will also be using these. Please do not ride up any race stage otherwise you will be allocated penalties.
Should a participant take longer than allocated on the liaison stage, the clock will start. The race director may choose to waive this penalty in extreme cases (e.g. where medical case has delayed racing). Mechanical and fitness issues will not be given any allowance in the start time.
In the event that you need medical attention or come across an injured rider who is not able to continue please wait with the rider. The second person on the scene should continue along the trail to the next marshal point. Anyone affected by assisting with medical will be given a time relevant to their performance on other trails. There is a qualified mobile medical team available at each event.
Timing facilities are located at the start and finish of each stage. Prior to starting the event, riders must tag the CLEAR timing control point and then the START timing control point. Each rider will be issued with a timing device that will activate the timing control points, this is to be attached to the handle bars of your bike with the supplied zip tie.
Riders must be stationary, one foot on the ground and within the starting area (no rolling starts) when they start each stage. Riders will start each stage at 30 second intervals in a scatter format.
It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure that they pass close enough to the timing points for their chip to read (within 1 meter). Time penalties may be applied for those who fail to do this.
On completion of all stages for the day you MUST download your timing results at registration.
Stages will be taped where it is deemed appropriate. Taping will leave suitable line choices where possible, but it will not allow for any significant ‘cutting’ of race stages. Where course tape is only present on the outside of a corner, this defines the route.
Any competitor seen to be crossing course tape, marker posts or taking any route deemed to be off the official race track will be penalised. There must be no interference with the track such as removing rocks, roots or branches. Any competitor deemed to be interfering with the track will be penalised. Creative line choice is allowed, however, creating your own trail/line is not allowed. If a commissaire or marshal witnesses or receives unbiased witness evidence, the rider will be penalised.
To ensure that we look after each event site and minimise our impact on the environment the following conditions apply for entry into this race:
- No disposable goggle tear offs are allowed to be used.
- The disposal of food/rubbish packaging on the trail or maintain is strictly prohibited.
- The event reserve the right to penalise any rider whose actions are deemed to seriously damage the local environment.
- Vehicle restrictions apply to event venues e.g. no shuttles during an event, minimum access etc. This will be communicated before each event.
- Riders must not store food and drinks on the trail (Food Stashes). Packaging left behind and uncontrolled food supplies may have a serious impact on local wildlife and the local environment.
CALCULATION OF RESULTS:
Results are based on the total cumulative time across the stages. The lowest time in each category will be the winner. In some cases (e.g. you have stopped to assist an injured rider) a derrived time may be allocated to you for a stage. Penalties can also be allocated if riders do not adhere to the race guidlines or information given during the rider briefing on event day.